Why join the team?
Across our marketing and project departments, we have a range of creative, strategic and tech-focused roles. But whatever the position, we’re proud to offer all our team a level of autonomy and opportunities to branch out.
Venn are market leaders in recruitment agency and employer brand work. We specialise in every aspect, from the strategy to the platform that powers our websites. Working at Venn provides a unique opportunity to enjoy the freedom of our own tech infrastructure, helping our clients achieve their mission.
- To profitably research and conceptualise creative, innovative content that shows deep understanding serves a strategic purpose and meets with the customers goals.
- You will be comfortable planning, developing and writing content - in all its forms. Maintaining best practice for web, email, social, video and mobile communications, including accessibility.
- Work closely with clients to create strong concepts from initial briefing through to execution. Ensuring everything we do maintains consistency and quality of message across all brands and channels. Mastering a variety of brand voices.
- You will work closely with the wider team to have a thorough understanding of our clients products and services to best allow us to deliver original, inspiring and innovative content.
- Develop and nurture a clear brand tone across all mediums and channels, creating fresh, compelling and original content which looks to convert.
- Set tone and drive creativity, working closely with the Head of SEO and Strategists to encourage customers to think, feel and respond.
- Be comfortable using market research, analytics, keyword research and planning customer pathways, making sure the content we produce is planned, meaningful, and here to serve a purpose.
- Maintain a high awareness of relevant trending topics and news to identify content opportunities.
- Clearly understand the content strategy and contribute towards the overarching goal delivery.
- To understand our measures of success and diligently work towards the agreed metrics in each project.
- To be able to translate the client brief into a clear and purposeful plan and outcomes.
- Justify your content against industry recognised tools and software.
- To have a strong client knowledge and the customers we serve in each segment.
- To be able to hone and develop brand voice and work with multiple different voices and styles to best allow customer connection and conversion.
- To work within given timeframes and ensure work is delivered in a timely manner.
- To take client feedback and be able to efficiently take on amends and rewrites, offering the same level of care and attention with every version.
- Minimum of 2-3+ years of copywriting experience in an agency environment or in house across different categories and channels
- The ability to imagine, identify and nurture fresh ideas that compel and convert.
- A good commercial understanding, with awareness of how content is more than words on a page
- Experience working on or developing creative strategies that meet business needs through a clear understanding of brand, customer and brief objectives
- A strong awareness of how copy weaves in alongside SEO and UX, being able to identify SEO and conversion opportunities - such as anchor links, weaving in keywords and CTA’s.
- Confident in presenting and communicating clearly to our team and clients.
- Disciplined, with excellent organisational and time-management skills
Be Great, Get Rewarded:
We believe in going beyond expectations to give our team the freedom to
enjoy work. Creating a work-life balance is at the core of what we do and the
driver behind our decision to move to our stunning Alderley Park office.
- Get 25 days' holiday per year plus an additional day for each year for 5 years, and enjoy a half-day off on your birthday
- We give you access to multiple learning portals to develop your understanding and skills. Upon request, we are happy to fund and encourage learning through practical and rewarding channels.
- We automatically set up a pension scheme with Aviva when you start with Venn.
- Enjoy fresh fruit delivered daily.
- Discounted onsite gym membership and woodland walks for a healthy body and mind.
- Receive a contribution towards health costs through Simply Health.
- We are inclusive of working parents and give flexible working options for those looking after children.